Sunday, June 10, 2007

Surf's up review

I believe I'm taking a big risk by posting this review here, as my art of cinema teacher is strictly against plagiarism and if she ends up searching my submission on the internet, and finding this, I'm gona have to explain to her that the blog is mine in the first place. LOL. But, it was just such a great movie, that I can't help myself. So here goes!

The CG animated movie surf's up, is a mocumentary. Probably the first ever animated one. The film crew follows the journey of Shiverpool resident penguin Cody maverick(voiced by Shia Lebouf...hope I spelled it right) from his home, to the town of pen-gu and through the 'Big Z memorial surfing contest'. They take interviews with other people like his mother and his brother, some elders of shiverpool, kids on the beach and so on. And as obvious, the camera crew follows all the other characters involved capturing all kinds of antics.

The Movie starts off with a old film footage(obviously staged... need I remind you this is a FAKE documentary?) of the surfing legend, big Z(voiced by Jeff bridges) during his heydays.

damn! this post has been in the drafts for so long.. I don't even remember the art of cinema class.. and I am not in a mood to finish the article off now.. still, I'm just gonna publish it.

No comments: