Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thoughts about TMNT


I watched the movie in famous players Mississauga the day before yesterday and I thought it was pretty cool! Even though its a studio which I had never heard of before, that's nothing to fret about. The guys at IMAGI studios have done a damn good job! The environment looks very real in places and parts. I'd say even better than 300! The turtles are so detailed, especially during the fight sequence between...(oh I guess I shouldn't mention that...it'll be a spoiler..well, there are more to come in the latter part of the post so I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you hve seen the movie or are prepared to know the story beforehand) So, that brings me to the fight sequences.. so amazingly done. The action really makes your adrenaline pump hard. I was at the edge of my seat when the turtles were kicking butt! Oh, not only the turtles, the human characters April and KC too were amazing. I liked the ninja female... HOT! hehe...

Oh well, the story? I couldn't exactly get the part in the beginning where they are explaining that the general opened a portal to another dimension and thus 13 monsters were released into this world. Also, his brothers were turned into stone and he was immortalized. (spoiler alert!)He lived on through the ages and is now preparing to capture the 13 monsters and send them back to the other dimension, break the curse and finally, DIE! so you might want to know that before you enter he theaters or else you could be scratching your head halfway through the movie too. Well, I only have one thing to point out, if the monsters had been plaguing the world since 3000 years, why didn't we ever see them before? But I'm ok living with that since it was such a rocking movie.

Oh ya, that reminds me, the music is amazing too. I'll be getting the soundtrack soon. I'll leave ya with this teaser trailer. A better trailer is at the TMNT website TMNT.warnerbros.com have fun!


No comments: