Friday, April 06, 2007

Hoodwinked

Before you go on & read my post I want to direct you to this blog It's a review of Disney's meet the Robinsons I would totally love to know what you thought of it. I was just shocked to know that there are people like him who could hate Disney animation so much. I being the animation aspirant that I am, thought I could never hate any animation that is, until I saw hoodwinked. I had heard about how bad this movie is from some people before, but was doubtful about whether I would end up thinking the same way too. But I recently discovered, how sub standard the movie really is. The animation and rendering is so 'low budget'. I was told that its an indian production but I believe Mickey meant that some parts of its work were outsourced to India. The story is nothing like an Indian could ever come up with. But well, at some points I did feel like the movie was a bollywood production!

The little red riding hood character was very poorly done. I can't imagine what the makers had in mind for her... She acts like a teenager but she doesn't look like a teenager at all. And the scenes between her and her grandmom were plain pain in the ass. They tried to have the emotional aspect to it that many Disney movies have but it just wasn't done good enough so it ended up being plain sloppy. Then the song sequences. Even they were just as irritating as bollywood song and dance sequences. I wished they had just kept away from all that. In comparison to that, the other part of the movie was way better.

The best character was the goat who could change horns. Nice, perky, awesome design and thought. I also liked the song he sings. If at all, you end up with a copy of the movie, just watch it for the goat part. He's awesome! the rest, was plain boring... come to think of it, the goat part was the thing that made me not HATE the movie. Hate is too harsh a word. I just didn't like the rest of the movie is enough.

No comments: