Monday, October 23, 2006

Tata Sky review

The reason I didnt update my blog yesterday is because I was at my cousin tina`s house watching vh1/cartoon network/nick/hbo all day long. The morning was pretty bad and mom REALLY pissed me off by her yelling. Because this time, it was pointless! So, in order to have my revenge, I got out of the house around afternoon without even asking for mom`s permission.

The television watching experience was awesome! I had not seen tv for such a long time at a strech since dunno how many weeks. Because today, I had access to those channels that werent even available to me in pune. Namely vh1. Plus, the possibility of watching all the cartoons in their un- dubbed original english language was totally cool! I always hated dubbed shows and movies...their lips are totally out of sync and the impact then is just not the same. I was watching the movie LOTR the return of the king on HBO late at night in amaingly clear picture. I`ve never seen such clear transmission. It was like watching it from a dvd!

Besides these, there are about 100 other channels, (many of which are regional language cannels) Thats almost all the available channels in india today except for a few out of which only zoom is the one that comes to my mind right now. But zooms already available on dish tv dth network, and hopefully it`ll be on tata sky too. And then there are extras like the movie on demand channel and the sport channel which allows you to view sport coverage from camera of your choice. I admit its a cool feature and tata sky`s heavily advertising it too.

Now the installation costs only 4k and rent per month is 200 rupees so its definately worth a buy!And another set top box and 100 rupees as rent is the expense for adding it to another television in your house. I`m gonna try and pester dad into getting this for our home too. But before I exit, I must mention that installing it will require new cabling in your house because it cant use the older style cable system. so be ready to knock down your wires or just be wary of tripping on that exposed cable.. but look at the brighter side, you have more place to hang your clothes to dry now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with you - vh1 is awesome. I don't have pay TV at the moment, but that is one channel I really miss.

Yash said...

thanks for visiting tracey, I would really like to know your opinion on which of the two blogs do u like more

rajeev said...

Tata sky people refused insatallation at my residence because i stay on the 12th floor and they are not allowed to do the installation on higher floors. when asked why i was not asked on which floor i stay on when your dealer sold me hardware and subscription worth Rs. 4,500/- i was given some really pathetic replies;
Technician who came to install told me he has not sold me the same.
Help line people are still forwarding my complain to the concerned departments. sick…….

Anonymous said...

one question! FTV and ZooM are airing on TataSky or not?

Yash said...

dude, look at the time this post was made. I'm living in oakville ontario now. I'm not even in India. so really sorry to say, I can't answer that question anymore.

Sudeep Dsouza said...

Tata Sky is good in terms of reception and service. But there are a few things that are putting me off and that is the offers they have to their new customers like 6 months free subscription and so on which they dont have for their existing customers.

So when an offer came out for existing customers that said "pay for 10 months and get service for 12 months" I was excited. To read more about my experience read my blog http://sudeepdsouza.blogspot.com/2008/02/tata-sky-disappoints.html