Saturday, February 09, 2008

the stick is always right eh?

When we were beginning to learn to do longer poses and measure our drawings, at the workshop, we were told to ALWAYS USE THE STICK. Measuring was a pain in the ass for me so I would avoid it. And everyone would go, the stick is always right.

well, slowly i grew more comfortable with using it. But it wasn't all hearts and roses. I was still ending up with longer legs and wide torsos. And everyone would always give me shit about it. I'd just accept that maybe I didn't measure it right. But today, I could finally prove my point. As I was drawing our model natalie, sonya came up to me, and told me the legs are too long. I said, well, I've measured the start and end of the thighs against the height of the torso and it's right. She took the stick, measured it herself and just kept telling me it should be shorter. But when I insisted on her to observe properly, she came to the conclusion that it was the head that was screwed up.

later, when gerard was looking at it, even he said the leg was too long.. And sonya started saying in a very sarcastic voice, so the stick was right, and sonya was wrong eh? I said, well yeah, the stick is always right.. It was all over a weird perspective or seating position.. Pissed me off so much.. anyways.. Gotta get back to drawing.

No comments: