Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Upbeat music playlist

I tend to get very sleepy and drowsy as I am working in the late hours of the night. I don't like to go downstairs and make myself a cup of coffee, because, I don't particularly like hot coffee... not unless I'm really cold. And I'm really spoilt when it comes to cold coffee.... hehe. Love that Iced cap from timmys or any cold coffee from cafe coffee day. So I decide to use upbeat music to keep me alert!

But sorting through my vast library of songs and picking out the few lively songs will take a really long time. So I decided to try out some automatic BPM calculation softwares. First was Beatunes, which I've already posted about, over here. In a nutshell, that software is bull. So I decided to try out Tangerine! Tangerine! is meant to assist you make playlists for your workouts and stuff... It looks really really slick. And I used Tangerine! to compare Beatunes performance, and declared that Beatunes had a lot of flaws. Well, turns out, Tangerine! has a bunch of flaws too!

Today, I analyzed my music library and noticed that the upbeat song 'fast and furious tokyo drift' was given BPM of only 63! WHAT!??? That puts it behind the nice mellow slow song 'Suno Na' from Jhankaar beats. My hopes of getting a nice upbeat playlist were shattered, AGAIN! I went online, and certain websites list the tempo of Tokyo drift song to be 129 which would definitely be more accurate. So I am going to be manually entering the BPM for a bunch of tracks, despite having used Tangerine! Fix this stupid software you guys!

No comments: